



On a clear Saturday morning in November Jess and I conquered Mount Mahogany! 5 hours round trip, 3,600 ft up.
I had made the same trip once before when I was 14 with my scout troop and have been excited to make it back ever since. Mt. Mahogany lies at the base of Mt. Timpanogas and in front of Lone Peak High School. The trick with this mountain is that there are no trails to follow or safety warnings to guild. It's more like a choose your own adventure book:) We struggled make it up to the top where we could see from SLC to Payson and miles of mountains to the east. Beautiful view. The way down turned into a headache when I tried to take a short cut and we ended up swimming though thick brush and trees for what seemed like hours and barely maneuvering past a few cliff areas. I was really impressed with Jessica's mountain climbing skill and her patience with me. A healthy challenge well worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment