I was doing my cousin Ammanda's hair one day at the salon and she was telling me that she wanted to do a Sprint Distance Triathlon. "You're crazy!" I told her. But the more and more she talked about it i was inspired. It took me full 8 months after talking with her to actually commit myself to doing one though. January 1st 2009 that was my New Years Resolution to race in a Sprint Distance Triathlon. First things first I needed to learn how to swim. I found myself a coach and started swimming lessons immediately (I knew i needed plenty of time to practice). I signed up for the Women of Steel Triathlon close to home in American Fork. This was an all women's race and swim took place in a pool. I figured if I thought i was going to drown I could just stand up. I flew home from Virginia for my race. It was Awesome! I had so much fun! I had been so anxious to get it over with so that i could relax, eat sugar, and not freak out if I didn't make it to the gym, but I enjoyed it so much that now I just want to do another one! Thanks to my parents, in laws, Rhett, Kyle, and Grandpa Ray for coming to support. And of course my wonderful husband who took a few days of work and flew across the country to be there cheering me on.
each summer we are taken so far away from our families and friends so this is our multimedia outreach to stay in touch. we really do love you all and promise to stay home one of these summers.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Women of Steel Triathlon
I was doing my cousin Ammanda's hair one day at the salon and she was telling me that she wanted to do a Sprint Distance Triathlon. "You're crazy!" I told her. But the more and more she talked about it i was inspired. It took me full 8 months after talking with her to actually commit myself to doing one though. January 1st 2009 that was my New Years Resolution to race in a Sprint Distance Triathlon. First things first I needed to learn how to swim. I found myself a coach and started swimming lessons immediately (I knew i needed plenty of time to practice). I signed up for the Women of Steel Triathlon close to home in American Fork. This was an all women's race and swim took place in a pool. I figured if I thought i was going to drown I could just stand up. I flew home from Virginia for my race. It was Awesome! I had so much fun! I had been so anxious to get it over with so that i could relax, eat sugar, and not freak out if I didn't make it to the gym, but I enjoyed it so much that now I just want to do another one! Thanks to my parents, in laws, Rhett, Kyle, and Grandpa Ray for coming to support. And of course my wonderful husband who took a few days of work and flew across the country to be there cheering me on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Way to go girl!!! That's my daughter-in-law!! We are so proud of you. What a great accomplishment!!
Jess, you are amazing! That is such a great accomplishment that only a few women can claim. I wish I had as much drive as you to accomplish something like that.
I am so proud of you...not only about the triatholon but for updating your blog! It's nice to hear what you are doing. We'll see you for the wedding. let's do lunch!
Seriously so proud of you i wnat to do one with you now!
Post a Comment