Once we were back in Utah I had an itch for some camping! Jessica is not much of the "camping" type but she was sooo fun to drag along. By the look of how much we packed you would have thought that we were going for a week long excursion to the Grand Tetons but in actuality we just went for 2 days up to Cascade Springs. The view was beautiful and the forest smelled so grand! I was even relieved to get No Cell Reception so I could enjoy the peace and quiet :) Jessica really enjoyed that part. But even though we escaped everything to be alone in the mountains we still reverted back to the comforts of the modern day by climbing in the back of our SUV and watching a DVD. We are too spoiled. Oh yea you'll laugh at this one to... we brought up our tent that sleeps 8 people so we could blow up our queen size air mattress and sleep in luxury. The only thing that was tough was finding a spot big enough to pitch that huge tent. Good thing I brought my shovel because I spent a good 30min clearing my own plot in the wilderness. It worked perfect.
In the morning I woke up early enough to surprise Jessica with a quality Peterson style camping breakfast (sparing no expense). Bacon, Eggs, Pancakes, and Orange Juice is the way to roll!!! We really enjoyed the time together.
No comments:
Post a Comment