Wednesday, December 16, 2009

West Yellowstone (Family Vacation)










Some people stereotype "family vacations" as something boring, tiresome, agonizing, and painful. But it is quite the OPPOSITE when it comes to a Gibbs family outing. I have been going on vacations with this family since I was 16 so I guess I just know how to party with them. We started out with a nice drive to Grandma Moon's in Idaho Falls where Grandma had a great meal waiting for us (as always:)) and then headed up to Yellowstone. Diane put us up in a very nice resort hotel with a large three bedroom suite that we all shared. It was chilly for the first few days so we enjoyed lots of games and food. But we did venture out and almost saw all the animals on out list. The only animals we missed were a moose, zebra, and a giraffe.:) We were excited to see the Elk and Buffalo at first but then there were so many that we almost had to ram them with the car to get home. It was wonderful to see all of the beautiful things God created up there and the patience that we all learned waiting for "Old Faithful". The waterfalls and canyons would have been a little more enjoyable as well if the wind hadn't chilled us to the bone. I learned two things on that trip; Zach likes to eat allot, and Rhett always feels jipped in the "boring" side of the car window with no animals in sight:) Sorry Rhett... Ill let you drive next time:)

No comments: